Friday, July 5, 2013

Paper Pizza!

I hope everyone had a fun and relaxing 4th of July yesterday. We sure did; low-key, but a fun family day!
Today I'm showing off the birthday party invitations I've been working on! These were totally inspired by Patty's post HERE, and I'll show you how I did some of the things with the tools I had. Because they are just birthday invitations and pretty much guaranteed to be tossed, I used mostly retired card stock. I didn't "sponge" the ink like Patty does, I used the direct-to-paper/swiping technique I use quite often. I think it added a good amount of "sauce" and "baked crust", haha... I don't have a dotty stamp, so I used my retired Versamarker to "dot" the pepperonis. Instead of a Versamarker you could just a marker in the same color ink as the card stock you're using.

First, a close up! I think I'll probably just hand write "Time to Party" or something like that across the top, and I'll type up the party details, print it off and glue it to the back, like I usually do, lol.
 
 
Supplies:
Ink: Real Red, Crumb Cake, Versamarker (retired)
Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze (retired), More Mustard (retired), Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red (retired), Kiwi Kiss(retired), Basic Black
Accessories: 1/2 inch circle punch, 1 3/4 inch Scallop circle punch, Extra Large Oval Punch, 1 3/8 inch circle punch. 3-hole punch
 
Since they're for his party, I had my son assemble the pieces into what ever kind of pizza slice he wanted, so they all look a little different. He doesn't eat things like peppers or onions, but I thought they were really cute on Patty's pizzas, so I made them, haha!
 
 
To make the olives, I used a standard three-hole-punch to cut the hole in the middle...
 
and then I used my 1/2 inch circle punch around that hole, like this:
For the peppers, I just cut an edge of my scallop punch and kept going across the sheet of paper, like this:
I did the same thing with the onions and my oval punch.
The plates are just a traced bowl, and then a smaller container traced around the center with the Versamarker, and I made blue plates to add a cool color to these very hot shaded pizzas! 

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! I'm glad you remembered the onions. My favorite on a pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! This is awesome!!!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...