Monday, July 7, 2014

a friend's farewell...

Yeah, I too noticed that I was posting daily and now I'm not. haha...
I was also stamping more, and now I'm not.
What am I busy with? Well, on top of things like swimming lessons, babysitting, my son mowing my parents lawn every week, attempting to cram summertime fun into the days...and all the normal parts of being a wife and mother...our very good friends moved away this past week! The kind of friends where the dad's are movie buddies and the mom's are always chatting about this or that, and the kids are all friends too. Rats. We helped pack, load, unload and clean. Fortunately they are only about 30 minutes away, so we'll still be able to visit...it just won't be the same as having them right out the back gate.

Aside from helping with the move......
One of the little girls told my daughter that she hoped her friends would give her something to remember them by. aww...! My daughter and I decided that friend photos would be great! Another mom suggested that a little photo album full of pics of their friends would be even better! (of course I agreed 100%- have you seen my photo addiction/scrapbooking problem?! haha!) And another mom suggested a disk of all the photos we've taken together! Love it!
So! We took pictures of the groups of friends...
we put together small albums with photos and notes...
(I put together two of the kids' albums and the mom's)
and the disk of photos evolved to an MDS slideshow, including music, burned to a dvd that the kiddos can watch anytime they want, home-movie style! hahaha!
Most of my MDS "pages" were kept suuuuper simple! I just used the pre-designed photo layouts for almost every page.

Then I created a title and ending page, which are identical except for the text. (this is the end...)
And then! I even stamped on the disk sleeve! 
(note: Stampin' Up!'s ink does not stay on a disk. It never dried. Came off super easy with a clorox wipe!)
So! Plenty busy, using my stamp supplies, but very little to blog! haha...

*Slideshow Supplies: 
MDS, Lemonade Stand content disk, Sycamore Street embellishments, Font: Throw My Hands Up
*Disk Sleeve Supplies:
Stamps: Six Sided Sampler, Teeny Tiny Wishes 
Ink: Lost Lagoon, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...