Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Baby Thank You

Today's card keeps with my theme of playing with the new In Colors this week.
Funny enough, Saturday a thread popped up in my facebook news feed from my up-up-line's page asking what new In Color was everyone's favorite. The biggest response was "all of them!". I hadn't played with anything when the question was posed, but I knew right off I liked Dapper Denim...which is why you've seen it three times on my blog already, despite a zero-stamping month, haha! But I wanted to try the other shades out before answering... Having now used all the colors, I might agree- ALL OF THEM! These are really fun shades to play with and they work well with a lot of our existing colors! Can't beat that!! They also seem to span the seasons, which is an important feature in craft colors, I think.

So today, I debut Sweet Sugarplum, for a really sweet card! I saw THIS one on Pinterest and thought it would be fun to recreate. Also, the very last evening at our house (we moved to my parents while our new house is built..!) I got a text from a friend that she was bringing a baby gift by! So of course she needed a Thank You card too! And I realized this cute card worked perfectly.
Supplies:
Stamps: Swirly Bird, March 2016 Paper Pumpkin
Ink: Sweet Sugarplum, So Saffron, Perfect Plum
Paper: Sweet Sugarplum, So Saffron, Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Swirls & Scribbles Dies, Big Shot

I used the new color for the card base, the greeting, and the bird. I got the color combo from some thoughts I have about the baby's new room....I'm leaning towards a purple and yellow combo...It works! And I thought the fun splatter stamp with the greeting worked nicely too!

1 comment:

  1. Tanya, I LOVE this sweet card, it is simply adorable! Sometimes it's hard to make a "simple" card, but I think it turned out perfectly! Love the color combo and the entire composition!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...