Monday, June 20, 2016

Flirty Flamingo Thanks!

Happy Monday to you!
I have a surprise for you, haha... I have a post scheduled for every day this week!!! I am pretty excited that I got so much stamping done this weekend after um...forever....
I realized this weekend was the first stamping I've done the entire month! But not only did I need a short stack of Fathers Day cards, I also needed a whole bunch of thank you's! Many friends and neighbors came and pitched in to help us move and clean our house. They were life-savers because my husband ended up getting pretty sick (pneumonia) and I, obviously, couldn't lift much, and even some cleaning was too much for me. A ton of work fell to our kids, which is okay, but wow, help was so appreciated! So I needed to mail out ten thank you's.
Of course I had some in my stash, but I had surprisingly few (I blame teacher gifts...haha!) so darn it, I just had to fit in some time to stamp!

And I really wanted to play with new colors!! So today is a double dose of Flirty Flamingo and a double dose of the same sketch, courtesy of Freshly Made Sketches!

This was the first card I made Saturday. When I very first saw the Swirly Bird/Swirly Scribbles bundle, I didn't love the stamp set, but I did love the dies, so I ordered that part. Annnnd then realized that the stamp set would really come in handy...! So I finally got to play with them together, haha!
The splatters on the first card come from the Swirly Bird set, and they were stamped off for a paler shade of Flamingo. I like it!
*Also, I adore the font in the Paper Pumpkin stamps from I think March, so I used it several times Saturday, haha....!
Supplies
Stamps: Swirly Bird, March 2016 Paper Pumpkin
Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Mint Macaron
Paper: Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo card stocks
Accessories: Swirly Scribbles Dies, Big Shot, Dimensionals

And this was the last card I made Saturday, haha! I decided I liked the sketch so much, I may as well use it twice! I switched out the bottom strip for a card base, and used a different die. I also used Gorgeous Grunge for these splatters, but I'm not sure it made that much of a difference, haha!
Supplies:
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, March 2016 Paper Pumpkin
Ink: Flirty Flamingo
Paper: Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White card stocks, Pop of Pink DP
Accessories: Butterflies Thinlits, Big Shot, Dimensionals

So there you have it, two similar thank you cards, ready to be sent out today! Yeay!!!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous CAS cards - the little splatters are the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at FMS.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...