Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Birthday for a girl

I have a good friend who I have known for 30 years now (seriously, that is a freaky thing to realize...!). She was my best friend all our growing up years. She now has four children, two are special needs and one of those two is medically fragile. So nevermind the 90 min drive between us, it is incredibly difficult to ever get together. I do mail her cards maybe once a month or so, hoping that getting something that isn't a bill in the mail helps the hard days.

Recently she mentioned that her little girl loves my cards, is amazed that I can make them, and even "borrows" the cards, keeping them in her room because she loves them so much. That melted my heart! Later she mentioned her daughter's birthday was coming up, so I thought I would make her very own birthday card to keep! The only hint her mom had was that I did ask what her favorite color is...

Then I tried to think of the most little-girly set I owned! The stamps, DP and ribbon I used are all retired, but the colors are current! I used the TGIF sketch from last week, and this might be the busiest card I have ever made, but. I think she's going to love it! It should arrive today.
Supplies:
Stamps: Magical Day (retired)
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Berry Burst, Coastal Cabana, Powder Pink, Stazon
Paper: Coastal Cabana, Powder Pink, Whisper White card stocks, Myths & Magic DP (retired)
Accessories: Wink of Stella, Blender Pens, Circle Dies, Big Shot, White Glitter Ribbon (retired), Dimensionals

The paper was printed with glitter all over the unicorns bodies. I added Wink of Stella to the mermaid's tail and scales, and hair, and then to the sparkles on the pink circle, and to the bubbles on the blue circles. And the ribbon, that is almost hidden, is glittery too. Maybe you can see some glitter in this picture?
Anyway, I think these are the best kinds of surprises. I've been mailing out a number of cards lately and I hope each of them were a fun little surprise in the mail box full of bills!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...