Thursday, February 14, 2019

Retired Valentines!

Are you still making Valentine's cards- maybe a little something with dinner?! haha...
Well I finally got something made for my kiddos. I started by searching for a sketch. I picked the latest from TGIF Challenges.
Then I had to rummage thru all my retired supplies! Really, the only thing current on these three cards is the Whisper White card stock and the ink pads. And then I decided to make them all pretty much identical! The sentiments come from the same Paper Pumpkin kit, and the glitter paper came from the same pack, so that made it come together quickly!
Supplies:
Stamps: Old Paper Pumpkin kit
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Mint Macaron, Rich Razzleberry
Paper: Whisper White card stock, Glimmer Paper Asst (retired)
Accessories: Big Shot, Dimensionals, unlabeled SU! Ribbon (retired), Sweetheart Punch (retired) Heart Dies (retired)

What are your Valentine's traditions? At our house, the kids wake up to a card and some candy at their seat at the table.



(and someone got a bonus gift to keep the peace of sharing....)

I got beautiful roses delivered yesterday morning!

My husband and I hardly ever go out on Valentine's Day, but often a different day the same week. We've done nice dinners as a family, and heart themed dinners, and personally I love having our hot artichoke dip with toasted baguette slices as part of our Valentine's meal. This year I'm making our peanut butter cup (bars) but cutting them out with heart cutters and topping them with some fun Valentine sprinkles. hee hee. It's all about the little things! I might also do some cake mix sugar cookies (smaller batch!) for decorating later...

2 comments:

  1. Love your Valentines Day traditions (including those cute handmade cards)! We had treats today too! Happy Valentines Day to you, from all of us over at TGIF Challenges! OXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of supplies on hand to whip up some darling Valentine's Day cards! Love reading about all your traditions too. Happy Valentine's Day from TGIF Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...