Thursday, February 28, 2019

A cool cactus

My mom is from Arizona. We left in 1985, but if you ask her where she's from, she'll tell you she's from Arizona, and then tell you where she currently lives, haha. As soon as I saw this set, I knew she was going to have to get it. And then I realized I could do one thing better- and I bought it for her birthday! But then! I needed to make her a birthday card with it, right? haha....

For this card, I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, and the color scheme from Inky Friends. It also qualifies for the SUO Challenge this week to feature the Occasions (or Sale-A-Bration) Mini! So that's fun! haha.... And this, cute, simple card is what I made first:
Supplies:
Stamps: Flowering Desert
Ink: Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Memento Black
Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White

However, it didn't say "mom's birthday" to me. So I had to keep playing. And now you'll just have to come back some other days,and see what else I did!

6 comments:

  1. Your flowering desert card is the essence of simple stamping. The soft colors look great and even a beginner can make this! Thanks for joining us this week at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful take on the sketch and such a fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this CAS card and great colors. Thank you so much for playing along with us at SUO Challenges and hope that you join us tomorrow for a color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simplicity of your design AND that you got this set for your Mum!! You've combined some amazing favourites from our Occasions and Sale-a-bration products!! So glad you joined in the fun with us at SUO!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card! I am from Arizona too - and also say where I am living now ha! It's because we want to still be living there! Your card is awesome! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you for joining our Inky Friends Color Challenge! I love the use of those colors with a cactus! How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...