Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Mixing old with new...

This is not a great picture, but it was a fun card to put together, so I'm sharing it. Also, the story behind it.

A friend from elementary school that I've connected with on facebook is going thru a very difficult year. Last night she posted asking if there was anyone who might send her son a birthday card since she couldn't be with him later this week and it's going to be a lousy day for him. I have never met him, but his mother is very proud of him and posts various accomplishments and good things he does. He's a few months older than my own son, and he's into tinkering and machines and building things that work, and he just recently got his drivers license. I went looking for a car stamp I owned, which is retired, and pulled out this great "guy" paper from the new Occasions Mini. I used the latest sketch from the TGIF Challenge blog and this is what I made for him!

Supplies:
Stamps; Beautiful Ride, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink: Memento Black, Gray Granite, Crushed Curry, Dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends, Dark & Light Basic Black Stampin' Blends
Paper: Crushed Curry, Basic Black & Very Vanilla card stock, Classic Garage DP

The picture is lousy because I shouldn't have used the Crushed Curry card stock for the background as well as the card, and also because the photo was taken about 7am before I rushed out the door and stuck it in the mail! BUT. I think it will be something fun for him to get in the mail for his birthday anyway! And that is exactly why we do what we do!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you combined the old with the new here! What a fabulous idea! I hope your friend is okay. I am sure your card will brighten her day. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with the TGIF Challenges Team! We hope to see you again soon! OXO

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...