Saturday, March 30, 2019

Sale-A-Bration!!

is ending! Tomorrow (Sunday) is THE last day of Sale-A-Bration 2019! I definitely did not get to play with my Sale-A-Bration freebies enough! I really didn't- its been a busy, crazy few months a my house, haha! So yesterday I took some time and put together some new cards- which need mailed out SOON!

This one has been in my head for quite a while. I love this sentiment from the Part of My Story stamp set. It was the first thing I loved from this year's selection -this exact sentiment. Then they released this paper with the second round in February, and this sheet of paper looks straight out of a story book- they were meant to go together! I found a sketch that fit, at Global Design Project, annnd then I cut the DP the wrong direction... but I made it work anyway, ha!
What do you think? This one even qualifies for #simplestamping
Supplies:
Stamps: Part of My Story (SAB), Painted Seasons (SAB)
Ink: Early Espresso, Lemon Lime Twist, Call Me Clover marker (on the leaves on the sentiment panel)
Paper: Whisper White card stock, Painted Seasons DP (SAB)
Accessories: Dimensionals


Since I still had a little time, I really wanted to focus on the Painted Seasons stamp set. I tried a few inks on these pretty flowers. This stamp set is our new "DistINKtive" style, which means that it is cut in such a way to add depth and shadow to the image, which is really cool. But some inks don't show up very boldly, and for this, I wanted something bold. I loooved the way this Gorgeous Grape turned out and stopped there! Then I was trying to decide how to make the latest Inky Friends sketch work best...should I fussy cut the flowers..? But as I was looking over my DP choices, I remembered one of my favorite cards ever, from probably 10 years ago, back when our DP was one sided, haha. I had stamped some blue flowers on to some white washed, worn wood looking paper. Well look what I found in the Wood Textures DP pack?! YEAY! I like the purple flowers at least as much as those old blue ones!
Next I thought it would be cool to die cut the white greeting panel and let the Grape card stock show thru. Well it IS a good idea, but maybe not with a complicated, detailed word like this one, ha. And I didn't realize that til the bits were in the trash...and I work in the kitchen so there was no way I was even going to try to look for them. rats. Again, I made it work anyway. I stamped the rest of the greeting and decided I really love this card, even with its "birthday" flaw, haha.
Supplies:
Stamps: Painted Seasons (SAB), Well Said
Ink: Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green
Paper: Gorgeous Grape & Whisper White card stock, Wood Textures DP
Accessories: Big Shot, Well Written Framelits

*I stand corrected...the blue flowers on distressed wood was 12 years ago. yikes! haha!
March 2007

2 comments:

  1. Very cute!!! I love that weathered painted wood designer series paper with this stamping on it! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you stamped directly on the Designer Series Paper! Thanks for participating in the My Inky Friends challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...