Monday, February 10, 2020

One Sketch, Two Birthdays!

Happy Monday! I have two cards for you today!

I needed to make some birthday cards and liked the freedom from this sketch on Inspire.Create.Challenges.

First I made this bright card. I had seen this Forever Lovely used as poppies from fellow demonstrator, Nicole Chevallier, (no idea how to link from facebook. Help!) but I hadn't tried it out yet. All it takes is making it a more solid flower by coloring your stamped image in with a blender pen. So easy! I went with pink because I used the color challenge from TGIF Challenges.
Supplies:
Stamps: Forever Lovely, Very Versailles
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pool Party, Smoky Slate Marker, Dark Basic Black Stampin' Blend
Paper: Melon Mambo, Pool Party, Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Blender Pen

Then I made this softer card. I used the inspiration challenge from Just Add Ink for a beachy sunset. It's not my favorite "sunset" because I used a blender pen. It would be smoother with an Aquapainter, or sponges, but it works just fine for this card.
Supplies:
Stamps: Friend Like You
Ink: Memento Black, Blushing Bride, Rococo Rose
Paper: Rococo Rose, Basic Black, Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Blender Pen

If I hadn't used a blender pen on both cards, these would totally qualify for #simplestamping. And I like that, because sometimes there just isn't a lot of crafty time! haha...

4 comments:

  1. A lovely clean card Tanya! Love the soft colours and design. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Tanya!!! Love the subtle script in the background! Thanks for playing with TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice CAS style card and great way to add colour to it. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is fabulous. I love the touch of colour behind the palm trees, simple but stylish. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...