Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sending Mail

Michelle had this button on her blog that intrigued me...but as I read thru her recent posts she explained it all and sent readers HERE for even more information! I highly recommend you check it out too!
Anyway, I thought it was a fabulous idea! I too have a huge stash of cards ready to be sent
and I'm totally in this clean-out-and-organize mode right now, so moving some cards out would be lovely, haha! Also, I love writing!! When I was a kid I once wrote letters to every one of my aunts, uncles and cousins in hopes that somebody would write me back! (oh my dad was thrilled to pay for the postage...and that's when it was 27 cents a stamp...sniff...ahhh the good old days....) A few cousins and even a couple of aunts wrote back, and a few cousins wrote regularly, but no one could seem to keep up with me writing until my bff moved to another state. Then we wrote each other at least a letter a week, even after she moved back! I had pen-pals too, from all over.

and then I surrendered to my friends telling me I needed email.
bye-bye letters in the mail!
bye-bye legible handwriting!
hello no more postage! haha....

But you know what? I am joining this month of daily mail challenge! I started the year off with a tally of how many cards I was sending out anyway (along with my scrapbook goals on the bottom of my sidebar) in hopes of motivating me to send more! And this is perfect!!
What about you? Do you ever mail out the cards you make? Do you want to join in this fun of thinking of people individually and letting them know? Its gonna be fuuunnnn!!!! *grin

3 comments:

  1. I'm doing it too. Michelle is my dl and when I saw your post I knew right away what you were talking about. Glad you could join in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out, Tanya! I'm so happy to see more people getting involved in this Month of Letters Challenge. It's my first year doing it, but I agree - I need to send out these cards that are just piling up!! Hopefully getting a handmade card in the mail will make someone's day a little better. And hey, they might write back! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to do this too. I am ready to clean out and get rid of a bunch of old stuff--I spent a good part of the day yesterday cleaning out my craft bins and filling a paper grocery sack with craft goodies I am ready to let go of. Besides that, my stash of cards is slightly ridiculous. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...