Monday, September 1, 2014

Blog Hop: Using Our Words!

Welcome back to another fun blog hop!
Words are powerful, aren't they? I've actually thought about that a lot lately...with all sorts of things in my life. And it fits our September Blog Hop theme perfectly because today we are using our words! Our stamped words! I have a few word sets and I wanted to feature as many as I could, haha.....

This one might be my favorite of the bunch...or it might be too busy...but I love that DP and the colors together! For this card, I used the latest Freshly Made Sketch and I kept the words as the main image!
Supplies:
Stamps: Yippee-Skippee, Summer Silhouettes
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede
Paper: Soft Suede & Whisper White card stocks, Park Lane DP
Accessories: Hexagon punch (to flag the end of the strip), Dimensionals

This fun and simple card uses the colors from the Nacho Average Challenge blog, but the sketch comes from the Clean & Simple blog, and yes, this sketch intended for big words to be the focal point! Perfect!! 

Supplies:
Stamps: Feel Goods
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay card stock, Sweet Taffy DP
Accessories: Petite Petals Punch, Brights Candy Dots

And finally, I have a completely neutral card - I was actually picturing it differently, but this is how it ended up! haha... And I like it, so that's okay. I used a recent Retro Sketch.
Supplies:
Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers
Ink: Basic Black, Crumb Cake
Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Very Vanilla card stocks
Accessories: Banner Punch, Neutral Buttons, Linen Thread

So here you have seen three different word stamp sets in action. There are so many more! If you turn to page 245 of your newest catalog you might find a surprise, certainly those who haven't made their catalogs all dog-eared like mine is, haha! This year Stampin' Up! provided a photo index of ALL the word sets in the catalog! (the ones that are all words or very close to it) How handy is that? No matter what kind of event you're creating for, you can flip to the back and see exactly which set to use- or order!
And right now- anyone who hosts a $300 workshop before Oct 31st, will get the limited time Good Greetings stamp set!
How's that for a complete set of words?! And you can only get it FREE, for hosting! 

Now go see Cheryl's word creations and hop thru the rest of the blogs and see how our Words inspire you!

4 comments:

  1. I loved the blackberry bliss with the yellow shades. Your projects are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards - love the colors you've used for your FMS card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first two cards are so happy & cute! And the third one is lovely, too. I need to get some of the DSP, especially in such great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the words as the main focus and stamped multiple times. Love how you changed the color of Happy on the first card.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...