Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Blog Hop: Step It Up Occasions Style!

Welcome to a new month, and a new Blog Hop!!
This month I decided to play with the Going Global stamp set in the Occasions Mini. I love this set and have since the minute I saw it!
By now you know we do a Step-It-Up blog hop, where we design a project, then show you a stepped up version. Well, all this time I have been making multiple cards to show you. However, I learned that other stampers are making one creation, then adding and taking apart to make their final project! ha! Smart!!!
In today's case, I wanted this card to be special, and not have a duplicate. My husband has been a tremendous support thru a wild few weeks and has been definitely pulling more than his share of the work in all aspects around here. I wanted to make this card for him. I'll stick it in his lunch box later this week.
So I was all over the idea of just one card! But...that means the light changed between me taking pictures, and I didn't realize how different the shot was, so I apologize in advance for that.

This card is kept pretty basic. I did stamp the compass image on a post it to mask part of it and make it look like it was on top of the globe.
Supplies:
Stamps: Going Global
Ink: Bermuda Bay marker, Mossy Meadow, Real Red marker
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Very Vanilla card stock
Accessories: Bermuda Bay stitched ribbon

Then I added some DP, a strip of card stock, actually cut out the compass, and actually popped it up over the stamped globe. I also made the greeting a strip with flagged ends. And yes, the globe was also die-cut with a circle die, and then glued back down on the vanilla base, haha...
Best of all, I am very happy with how this card turned out and I know my husband will like it too!
Supplies:
Stamps: Going Global
Ink: Bermuda Bay marker, Mossy Meadow, Real Red marker
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Very Vanilla card stock, Going Places DP
Accessories: Bermuda Bay stitched ribbon, Hexagon Punch, Dimensionals

And since I used Occasions Mini products, I get to link up with the Nacho Average Challenge blog again!

That's it for me! Now hop along and see what Cheryl has created to inspire us! Then be sure and hop along to everyone else and leave your thoughts- we all love comments!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! I love how this came out - perfect and simple. They're both great, but I love the stepped up version even more - perfect background! Thanks so much for hopping with the Nachos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I am a big fan of the masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...