Monday, February 25, 2008

Recent Mail

I'm sending in an order Wednesday evening. If you need any supplies right now or are interested in getting a Sale-A-Bration set free, call me before Wednesday night and I'll add your order too! This butterfly card is the one I gave my mom for her birthday. I posted this on my website in January, but she mentioned a couple times how much she liked it...so she got it! (see, that can happen to you too- tell me what you like and you just might find it in your mailbox on your birthday!)

Its a super simple card, the hard part was cutting out the butterflies. I hate cutting things out... Anyway, I used So Saffron cardstock and ink, Elegant Eggplant cardstock and ink, the white gel pen to make the butterfly flight paths and a fire Square Rhinestone Brad to have the greeting 'peek' out. I think the color combination is striking. This second card I sent to another stamper. It's also a simple card but again, all about the color combo! Groovy Guava and Not Quite Navy. I wish I could remember (or find again) whose blog pointed out how great they look together... They really do! Its hard to see, and I apologize but I used the flower image from another stamp in the For A Friend set. It's versamarkered (cool word, btw!) down the left side of the card. Then I used the Guava ink pad to watercolor the little heard. I love that spiral punch and I added a little white grosgrain ribbon for a simple accent. Cute and easy!

On the side bar I've added some new info. In March I have an in-home workshop coming up, plus a fun birthday card class. If you like to make and give cards this is one you'll really want to attend. Birthday cards for everyone! Plus we'll use new stamps, which is super exciting to me. Anyway, be sure and RSVP and I'll keep the reminders comin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...