Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Current Favorite...

You know, we try to eat healthy meals around here. We get on a kick and plan out a good, balanced menu and have good food in the house to cook and we do great. For a while. But then something hits- Daddy has meetings too many nights in a row, Mommy gets a headache...or visits the dentist, a child gets sick and we let them eat whatever they will, SOMETHING comes up! And then I end up going back to being a short-order cook and everyone gets to pick their own dinner and its a lot more work than its worth! These are times for super simple meals that at least three of the four of us will eat! Right now, that meal is these fantastic biscuit pizza-y things! Here's all you need:
  • Canned biscuits -Pillsbury or store brand
  • Shredded cheddar cheese
  • Jarred pasta/pizza sauce, or make your own!

This past summer the kids and I went to Yellowstone with my parents, in their camp trailer. One night we didn't make it back to the trailer til I think after 10pm. That's a little late to start dinner when 8 people also need to get showered and in bed, but we were hungry! So I suggested we modify one of our planned meals. We brought the fixin's for mini pizzas using those canned biscuits so that night we baked the biscuits with cheese sprinkled on top, then just dipped them in the pizza sauce! LOVE IT! No lie, we're having that at least once a week around here right now. Its perfectly healthy- bread, cheese, tomato sauce and apple slices on the side with a big old glass of milk! haha! And it is sooooo good! I'm sure it would be better as an afternoon or midnight snack but I just don't put that much effort into snacks. Plus, then what would we eat for dinner?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! Tonight we ate cheese sticks from Fat Jacks for dinner. Afterwards I had cookies and ice cream. Now I feel sick. At least you add apples and milk.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...