Thursday, February 26, 2009

Back with a double!

That's right, I think things are moving back to normal and I'm getting back to stamping! Whew! It has been SUCH a crazy couple of weeks! Does this tell you anything?

If you're a scouter, or your husband is, or your boys are, then it might! (If not, just know its a big deal. Annual dinner, awards and presentation event.) I have been busy with dozens of other things, AND the Blue & Gold Banquet. Like my poster? lol! I think I offered to make the poster, but I won't do that again! hee hee! But it's stamped, so it belongs here, right?

Just kidding. What I really came to share was this: Its my card using Julee's Mojo 74 sketch AND I think works very well for the newest Cinema Challenge, which was The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Haven't seen it myself, but they said go vintage, plus I think the quote (which is a little hard to see) works great for the movie. "Happiness is a Journey not a Destination"

I really like to emboss this train, but I wanted it brown, not black... I tried my hand at an old trick I've never actually used- ink the stamp good in Versamark, then whatever color you want, then use clear embossing powder, and voila! a shiny, brown train image! Then I stamped the words in Versamark all over the front of the card. Its pale, but adds a nice touch. This card is definitely going to my brother.

Supplies:Stamps: Happiness is a Journey Ink: Versamark, Chocolate Chip Paper: Creamy Caramel, Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Clear Buttons, retired chocolate ribbon, Mini Glue Dots

2 comments:

  1. This is a awesome card! Love how you did the train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you played along with us this week. We are so happy to have you... Your sentiment is a perfect match.. Your brother will love the card.. I have to say I am so enjoying my break from cubs for now.. We will have to start up with them again in 3 years. At least this time we won't have to chase toddlers.. Just the 8 year old.. (he,he)

    Please join us again!!

    Hugs
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...