Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cinema Saturdays!

Two of 'em, in fact! First, the current one! LOL!

The movie of the week was Emma, which I borrowed from the library a few months back. (the Gwyneth Paltrow one) I thought it was great! Its funny and light and quite enjoyable. And I'm a sucker for Jane Austen and sooo much 18th century in my movies anyway... haha!

Emma has the best of intentions in helping her friends, even if she 'misses', every time. She thinks she's very sweet, which is a lot of the humor of the movie. When I started browsing my supplies for something to capture Emma, I thought of something sweet, pale pink and airy. This is not exactly it... lol, but it does have a sweetness to it and uses pale colors... And this fabulous flowery paper has always seemed to have that 18th century feel, tho I'm not sure why.

I like the card a lot, but I'm not convinced its totally Emma. Oh well! The card also uses the OCC sketch this week, by Laurie Schmidlin, which was a lot more fun than it looked at first. It intimidated me! haha! Oh, and along with Emma they wanted dots so I have a few, plus the circles in the sketch.

Supplies:

Stamps: Embrace Life, Fresh Cuts Ink: Black, Perfect Plum, Apricot Appeal Paper: Apricot Appeal, Pale Plum & White card stock Parisian Summer DP (retired) Accessories: 1 3/8 inch circle punch, Fiskars Zingz

This card is late but also inspired by the Cinema Challenges. Can you guess which one? My husband couldn't, based on my card, darnit. hee hee! Oh well, it worked for me!

It is Princess Bride, of course, one of my all-time favorites! As soon as I saw which movie, I wanted something pale blue, like Buttercup's princess dress, and swirly.......yeah I couldn't think of anything. Today while organizing my ridiculously-hoarded designer papers I came across this blue sheet and immediately realized that's what I wanted to use! But I also wanted a simple feel because she's a farm girl after all. So I picked some colors from the cd cover art I have (my hints to my husband were that "Its a movie we have on VHS and DVD. And the cd. And the book!")

The card only has two flaws- I really wanted a bow there, and now you all know why I don't do bows, and I scorched my paper while heat embossing!!! ACK!!! So sad.... I've never done *that* before.........

Supplies:

Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Certainly Celery card stock, Bashful Blue Prints Paper (retired)
Accessories: So Saffron Poly-twill ribbon, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, misc white ribbon

4 comments:

  1. Pretty cards! I love those soothing colours. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards, Tanya. Your hubby couldn't guess what movie the card was for?? Inconceivable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you go to Amazing Paper Grace Blog she has tutorial to make wonderful bows and they are great tutorials I learned a lot and that woman has more talent in her little pinky nail then most of us have in our whole body her creations are a little piece of Heaven!!! I wish I thought the way she does, but I just do not have that kind of brain, but her tutorials helped my bow abilities!!! LOL

    Both of these cards are great Tanya!!

    I love the colors you choose and one of these days I have to try out that challenge too!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...