Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankful!

November is a month full of gratitude! What are you grateful for? Today I am especially grateful for a warm house, a furnace, and coats and blankets, LOL! The power was out this morning for a few hours and our house only got down 4 degrees from where we normally keep it in the winter. Considering it was 30* outside, with snow on the ground when the power went off, I thought that was pretty darn good!

I put these autumny cards together to thank the other mom's who helped with the class party. I used Jen's October SFYTT to create the basic look, along with this favorite hostess set and my current favorite DP. All four cards use the same sheet of DP, so I used both sides. The pear is sponged with More Mustard ink, and the flower, stems and leaf were scribble-colored with the pen tip of the markers.
 Supplies:
Stamps: Faith in Nature
Ink: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Pool Party Marker, Lucky Limeade Marker
Paper: More Mustard, Chocolate Chip & Very Vanilla card stock, Spice Cake DP
Accessories: White grosgrain ribbon, In Color Patterned Brads, Regals Brads, Mat Pack, Stamping Sponges

Yes, you read that correctly, I used white ribbon! I was all out of Chocolate Chip (not to mention Early Espresso, which is actually the color on the DP!) so I dyed my white using the Chocolate Chip marker and ink pad. If I'd had an Espresso marker that would have been nicer, but I don't, and with the little pattern on the DP, chocolate chip was close enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...