Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Welcome Christmas!

December is almost here! Are you ready?? I'm sure not... I have a lot to do still!
Here are three cards from my Christmas card class that I have not yet shared. They all come from the same stamp set. Its always nice to show how much you can create out of one stamp set. I really love the vintage, silhouette images found in this set.
This sledding children image must always be done with blue to show the cold, happy feeling, LOL! And the new quilted ribbon? Love!
Supplies:
Stamps: Welcome Christmas
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Early Espresso
Accessories: Espresso Quilted Satin Ribbon

These new Holly Berry buttons are fun. I love new buttons!
Supplies:
Stamps: Welcome Christmas (wreath), Come to Bethlehem (words)
Ink: Always Artichoke, Real Red Marker
Paper: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke
Accessories: 1/8 inch Red Taffeta Ribbon, Holly Berry button, Glue Dots

This card is not my favorite. I liked the idea of this old-fashioned style DP*, but I think it overwhelmed the sweet stamp image - which I LOVE by the way. And I had my class attendees use a darker ink for the words than I used.
*want to hear something funny? I didn't love the Christmas DP Stampin' Up! offered this year so I didn't get it. But I used several other types of DP in my Christmas cards!
Supplies:
Stamps: Welcome Christmas, Heard from the Heart
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla card stock, Timeless Portrait DP

1 comment:

  1. Three wonderful cards, Tanya. The first card has a truly elegant feel with the clean and classic layout. The second is so sweet with that delicate ribbon and fun button. The last brings some vintage to the mix. Great designs.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...