Friday, December 2, 2011

December!!

I can hardly believe it is already December! of course the weather isn't helping...the wind is unusually crazy, the leaves are still falling and the sky has been mostly blue today. And right now there is no snow on the ground, which only helps the disbelief that it could be December...
I have wanted to post this project for a few weeks now, but I only got it finished tonight, which is later than it should be! LOL! I found a really great idea HERE and absolutely loved it! I thought it would be tons of fun to do with the kids too. I wanted to surprise my husband with his (he knew about the kids getting this) and he just might choose to read this blog the day I announce a surprise for him...hee hee

So, here you have it, three Christmas Countdowns! (husband's hanging over our bed, kids' hanging near the front door. and now you know why it took me til tonight to complete it........LOL!)

Here it is, as a work in progress, plus a closeup on the stamped images. I tried to use a variety!
This project could have been made simpler with say, single-sided DP folded in half instead of stamped card stock notes, but this was the cheapest way I could think to make it. I used non-SU 12x12 card stock that came from random scrapbooking kits and who knows where, but it was stuff I wasn't intending to use in my scrapbooks, so that's handy. And with stamped images, I didn't use up other product! Then I bought the wide holiday ribbon and clothespins at walmart.
Some notes held a surprise such as a family activity for that day (special movie, drive to see the lights, baking treats, game night, etc), lots were little love notes full of praise and thanks. I think it will make for a fun December and keep the excitement of the holidays going!

1 comment:

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...