Friday, February 17, 2012

A Valentine Craft

I know we're past Valentines now, so store this away in your mental file for next year! :) Or cut out a different shape for a different holiday! LOL!
I am the room mother in my son's school class. They needed a party type activity, but since more and more mom's work (like, as the year has progressed, and that includes me!), its harder and harder to get help. Also, its kind of a challenge to think up activities that aren't lame in their eyes! LOL! So when I saw this craft idea I knew it would be something I could do alone, especially if I had other mom's donate supplies! It took up the "party" time, and kept their hands and minds busy in a good way, and most of the class had a lot of fun with it! Score!
We made paper plate wreaths! I asked mom's to donate old scrapbooking paper that was in valentine colors or themes. Then I cut those papers into roughly 3x3 squares and gave the kids 14 random squares to cut into heart shapes (my wreath used 11). We cut the center out of the paper plate, and glued the hearts on however we liked!
Here is my cutting & bagging process....(huge and super fun variety!)
And here, you can see my daughters (I let her make one after school on Valentines with the left over supplies), my son's that he made in class is the top of this triangle, and mine, the all-pink sample, at the bottom. My son's is rather full, compared to his classmates. It cracked me up how many kids folded their 3x3 square in half and cut out an inch-sized tiny heart! LOL!
It would be fun to use flower punches or dies in the spring and make more of these.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...