Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Purple Birthday!

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. Her favorite color is purple so I wanted to do something purple...and she loved the butterfly thinlits so I wanted to use that too...
I used last week's Nacho Average Challenge sketch for the layout...This one did not turn out quite like the idea in my head...I don't have any large oval shaped anything, so I freehand drew one and cut it out of card stock so I had the hole to use. Then I used Blendabilities to color in the oval and allow the flowers to be seen. After adding the butterfly and greeting it still needed something, so I sponged some Soft Sky ink around the rest of the DP...
Supplies:
Stamps: Bloom With Hope
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Soft Sky, Wisteria Wonder Blendabilities
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Irresistibly Yours DP
Accessories: Butterfly Thinlits, Pearls, Stamping Sponge, Hexagon Punch

A close up of the butterfly, which I sponged a bit of Wisteria Wonder ink on the center of, for a bit of dimension, and then added the pearl...
Buuut then I thought it ended up looking like an Easter Egg, which was not my intention...haha...I was going for THIS kind of idea, off memory, where the green is a subtle touch, but I think the purple was too dark of a color for it. Oh well, I think she'll be happy anyway!

I stuck it in the mail anyway, and had to laugh...these are the cards my mom got from my house...my daughter used a card I made about a year ago...my son made his own...and we all chose Wisteria Wonder card bases!
My son wrote "have a happy purple birthday" in his card...a few hours later my daughter wrote "Happy purple lurple birthday"...and that's what my mom gets! hahaha...
Too much of a good thing?

1 comment:

  1. They are all wonderful, Tanya. I'm sure your mom will love them all purple lurple! Never too much of a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...