Monday, October 7, 2019

Halloween Cards 1

Happy Monday!
Saturday was World Card Making Day. I have other things going on the first Saturday of October, so I did not participate. However, Stampin' Up! has declared this week World Card Sending Week. They have set a goal that 50,000 cards will be sent this week. I try to send out cards fairly regularly, do you? I have many people in my life that I can't help out in the ways they probably need the most, due to distance, but I can send them something happy in the mail to find among the bills and tediousness of day to day life. And I try to make an effort to do that. Plus- I can't store all the cards I make! May as well put them to good use! You could send out some too! And if you do, let me know and I'll add your sent cards to the count!

Do you send Halloween cards? I really don't. However, I grew up receiving them in the mail! My grandmother was a big fan of Halloween. She dressed up every year, and for us that lived at state away she would call us to cackle like a witch. There were lots of decorations and she sent out Halloween cards to her grandkids every year. Her sister sends them too. My mom sends Halloween cards out to her grandkids, and when her mother passed away, my mom started sending them to her siblings and nieces and nephews too. Now I have a little one who loves Halloween just as much as her grandmother and great-grandmother!

Personally, I like the dressing up. I like trick or treating. I'm a big fan of candy, haha. I love to watch The Great Pumpkin. And that's plenty for me, haha. (I like other fall things like pumpkin patches and apple cider and hay rides and leaves...) But there's a little one in the house so this year we've decorated anyway. And we don't know which costume we're going to wear this year, haha! When you get hand-me-downs from several older kids that all fit at the same time, the choices are just too much!

My mom has been sick rather a lot this summer, so for a fun day we decided to stamp a bunch of Halloween cards. She had some in her stash already, but we made more. And maybe some of these will carry over to next year too! Get comfy because we made a lot! However, you should probably know that almost all the supplies we used are retired!
In fact, I just decided to make this the first of three installments... Just in case you're looking for ideas too! So here are some of the quickest cards to make...
Stamps: Spooky Bingo Bits

Stamps: Tee-Hee-Hee

Stamps: Spooky Bingo Bits

Stamps: Bitty Boos, Spooky Bingo Bits, really old Paper Pumpkin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...