Wednesday, January 1, 2020

We Create Blog Hop - New Year, New Products

Today brings a new month, a new year and a new decade!! I saw a thing online last week that the 20's are coming, with a picture of girls in 1920's flapper dresses and thought YIKES. hahaha! Hadn't thought about that perspective before!

In the stamping world, January also brings the brand new Occasions Mini and the brand new Sale-A-Bration Mini!!! This is maybe the most exciting time of the year because you can earn fantastic, exclusive products for FREE when you place a $50 or $100 order (before tax and shipping). Sale-A-Bration runs from January 3- March 31 this year. And that is what I chose to focus on for our blog hop today!
I have two cards for you today, that both use the Power of Hope bundle. This is one of the $100 level freebies, and it comes with this beautiful stamp set and a stone embossing folder.

My first card is more simple. I used the latest sketch from Inspire.Create.Challenges and made this:
Supplies:
Stamps: Power of Hope
Ink: Memento Black, Petal Pink, Petal Pink Light & Dark Stampin' Blends, Dark Basic Black Stampin' Blends.
Paper: Petal Pink & Whisper White card stock, Perennial Essence DP
Accessories: Basic Pearls, Dimensionals
I stamped the lady onto the DP and fussy cut out her kimono. Then I stamped her on Whisper White card stock. I colored her umbrella with Blends, and layered the floral kimono over her. She's popped up on Dimensionals, and then I added a few pearls for interest.

For my second card, I used the latest sketch from Fab Friday.
Supplies:
Stamps: Power of Hope
Ink: Memento Black, Black Berry Bliss, Blackberry Bliss Light & Dark Stampin' Blends, Old Olive Dark Stampin' Blends, Petal Pink Light & Dark Stampin' Blends, Dark Basic Black Stampin' Blends.
Paper: Old Olive & Whisper White card stock, Perennial Essence DP
Accessories: Crochet Ribbon Trim, Dimensionals
I used the new Stone embossing folder on the card front, but you can't really tell that at all, haha... I trimmed out the frame from the DP (the exact same print I used for the kimono on the other card), and WOW does my trimmer need a new blade! But it was done, so I used it anyway. I colored the woman with Stampin' Blends. The words were stamped off once for a slightly lighter shade. And the ribbon was colored with the Blackberry Bliss Dark Stampin' Blend, and added to the front. Finally, the white panel is popped up on Dimensionals.

There is a new DP in the Sale-A-Bration Mini called Lily Impressions that is a lot like this Perennial Essence paper and it would work beautifully in the same ways. Be sure and check that out!

With the new year, we've mixed things up a bit on this blog hop, so today Libby is next. Hop on through by clicking the box below and leave us your thoughts! We'd love to hear from you!
And have a very happy new year! 

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards! Love those images and the colors are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty - I love this elegant lady, and the colors go with perfectly! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. Love all the detail and the way you used the designer series paper for the lady in the first card.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...