Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Why Paper Pumpkin?

How do you feel about New Years resolutions? Personally, I love new years, new seasons, new weeks... and I love setting new goals and resetting them. In a good way, haha... I love making ideas of plans and I love thinking of ways to improve myself and do better.
And so, every year I set paper crafting goals too! I set a goal for how many scrapbook pages I hope to complete, and I make a plan for what cards I will need in the upcoming month or year, and base my card making plans off that. (Altho I absolutely sometimes just make cards to play with the products!! That's important too!)
So this month, I am hoping to scrap 10 pages (more is always a good thing!) and I am hoping to mail out five cards, and I need to make one to send out early February. Some of these are birthday cards, but some are thinking of you, or other reasons to send a card. 

And this brings me to today's topic- why Paper Pumpkin?
(Because I also have a 2022 goal to make up all my PP kits and mail the cards out instead of storing... lets see... I'm at 17 boxes. ahem.)

For myself, I stay subscribed, and skip months for a lot of reasons. Sometimes I spent all my money on catalog orders and can't afford it, lol. Sometimes I just don't think that kit is something I will use. It just depends.
This last kit, sent in December, I meant to skip. It just didn't appeal to me and that is okay! We all like different things! But, in the crazy of December I completely forgot to skip it! And it just showed up! Whoops! But now that it's here, I may as well make the best of it, right? And I realized that even tho the kit itself doesn't focus on anything birthday at all, it has a birthday greeting and *I can make it be a birthday card! And this one has already gone out! Hooray!

Paper Pumpkin is fun because it comes with everything you need to make their design, but you can use it for whatever YOU want, however YOU want!! 
Here's the unboxing video so you can see how it was intended: 

But the other thing I wanted to share with you today was this. You can see from my blog that I did very, very little paper crafting in December. I made three cards that I shared, and that was it. But that week between Christmas and New Years, when things were a little too chaotic for me, I hoped that creating might calm me. So I pulled out the Christmas card PP kit from Oct 2020 and I put these together! 


and then, on New Year's Eve, while my teenagers were having a loud party in my living room, haha, I went into my craft-room-in-progress and pulled out the Christmas card kit from 2016. In 2016 I worked part time out of the home from Jan-Aug, I moved twice, and I had a baby. I opened this box to stamp "Merry Christmas" on some neighbor treats we delivered, but that was as far as it ever went. So on New Years eve 2021, I put half the kit together, finally!
So for me, even if I'm not going to use the kit as soon as it arrives, Paper Pumpkin is still such a nice thing because I can quickly whip up some cards, any time I have a spare minute to "make" but not necessarily "create". It doesn't' take up a lot of space, even as those 17 boxes. The boxes can often hold two kits, sometimes more, and the boxes are a handy place to keep the stamp sets and ink spots you are left with! I have one box full to bursting of a few years worth of stamp sets! 

Anyway, this is the sneak peek to the next kit! It will make 8 cards, perfect for Valentines, and this month, subscribers can order a set of treat boxes if you wish! Starting Jan 25th, you can order 20 Mini Treat boxes, shown on the side of this flyer: 
 
All you have to do to subscribe is sign up using the button on my side bar here. AND best of all, if you order a pre-paid subscription between now and Feb 28 (3m/6m/12m long subscription) you qualify for free Sale-A-Bration items!! And you also can skip months if you're not loving the sneak peek! 

So! What are you making this week?

1 comment:

  1. I set crafty goals every year too! I like how you break yours down and set goals monthly, might be something for me to try. I'm so excited to get back to scrapping this year, too! :) I liked the idea of the Paper Pumpkin kits and I subscribed for a long time. While the projects were cute, last year I finally admitted to myself that I was never going to make them, so I did all the stamping and sent all the kits (20+) to my friend who has two tween daughters. They immediately started putting the kits together, so I feel better because I got them out of my house (but I kept the stamps) and they were finally being used :) Even when I'm in a time crunch, I seem to prefer making something from scratch rather than using a kit...and I have a fairly generous card stash, so that helps! Best of luck on your 2022 crafty goals!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...