Monday, May 1, 2023

We Create Blog Hop: May Flowers

And just like that- it's already May. And what a May this one will be!!  
For our blog this month, we're finishing our April Showers with May Flowers theme! So I'm playing some more with my Sending Smiles set. I used a different flower image this time, and I inked up the larger leaf too. So it's totally different from last week's cards, haha! 

My projects are based on the sketch from CAS Colours & Sketches (altho not slimline) and since the new catalog begins TOMORROW, I have a goodbye to the retiring In Colors thanks to the current SUO Challenges blog
Supplies:
Stamps: Sending Smiles
Ink: Evening Evergreen, Soft Succulent, Pale Papaya, Fresh Freesia (sticking around!)
Paper: Pale Papaya & Basic White card stock
Accessories: Linen Thread, Brass Butterflies, Dimensionals

And I have a hello to the new In Colors! (this one is much closer to the sketch, lol... I didn't realize I flipped the first Basic White square when I stamped it... 
Supplies:
Stamps: Sending Smiles
Ink: Moody Mauve, Copper Clay, Pebbled Path, Wild Wheat
Paper: Moody Mauve & Basic White card stock
Accessories: Linen Thread, Brass Butterflies, Dimensionals

I have absolutely loved those colors that are on their way out, but I am liking the new ones too. And it's fun to play with new shades! However, I have noticed a rather intense divide in response to the new colors. I surveyed my kids, haha, and they like exactly which colors I thought they might. What do YOU think of the new In Colors?

Now hop on over to Tricia's blog using the button below and see what May Flowers she's got for you! Then let us know what you think of our work too! Everyone loves feedback! 
And go make something pretty yourself- and send it off to someone too! People really appreciate happy mail! 

6 comments:

  1. Great cards, I love seeing the retiring colors and the new colors together. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful cards with this stamp set. I love how it the design is transformed with the different color combinations. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to say goodbye!! Love your card! Thanks for playing at SUOC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this set and it's perfect to showcase new colours. Thanks for playing with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're both so sweet and lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two pretty cards, Tanya! Though I must admit I like the brighter colors better ;) That Pale Papaya card base just makes the card feel fresh and springy. It's going to take a while for the new In Colors to grow on me (if they ever do). Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...