Monday, November 13, 2023

Horse & Sleigh

A favorite old Disney animated movie at our house is called Melody Time. It's a calmer movie, so we watched it a lot when my kids were little and needed a bit of quieter time with distraction. The first short in it, is so similar to this stamp set that when it was released I showed my son and said "We've already watched that one, right?" haha. He knew exactly what I was talking about. The couple in the sleigh, that particular horse, the bunny, seriously. I feel like it was inspired by that cartoon, ha! And that is the story of why I had to have this one. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Horse & Sleigh
Ink: Memento Black, Old Olive
Paper: Basic White card stock, One Horse Open Sleigh
Accessories: Horse & Sleigh dies, Dimensionals, big shot (retired)

But that DP...! Oh my goodness, there are some star paper packages across the years that are just my very favorite and this is on that list!! I kiiiinda wanna frame some of these. And I have done that before! ha... But for this card, I decided to share. just a little bit. ahem.
This card uses the sheet that is 7th here, cut in half horizontally. Both ways, the sleigh looks like it's going thru a beautiful wintery forest! 
~~~
And for my own note keeping, and if you want to copy it, haha, here are the Stampin' Blends I used for this one. 
Light Basic Black- horse hooves
Light Smoky Slate - horse body
Dark Smoky Slate - horse mane & tail, shading on body
bronze - horse hardware
Light Cherry Cobbler- sleigh
Dark Cherry Cobbler - sleigh top, back edge
Light Old Olive - man's hat and top of jacket
Dark Old Olive - man's coat, ball on hat
Dark Petal Pink - woman's hat, jacket, muff
Dark & Light Night of Navy - blankets
SU800 - faces, hand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...