Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Paper Pumpkin again!

I am in need of a few specific cards, but I really haven't had a lot of time to spend stamping. This is when those stack of old Paper Pumpkin kits are so helpful! The kit I chose to play with first arrived December 2017. ha. I did make all of one of the two original cards, and mailed them out already. But I had plenty more to play with today! 

First, to finish up that first design, I made this: 
It had originally been a window card with die cuts out of the Crumb Cake, and the leaves had been die cut backwards, so they sent two sets of the leaves. I layered a correct one and a mistake one on top of a freshly cut Crumb Cake base and voila! 

Then, I made the second set. I'm guessing I hadn't before because it isn't a mail-able size and I really mail just about every card I send out. So I made the original design, but stuck it on a standard sized Berry Burst base instead. I did trim the glitter paper (behind the PeekABoo Peach stripes) so that I could use it elsewhere... like on the card above! And I trimmed the greetings "to size" instaed of using the whole strip. 
And then I was left with this much! 
Adhesive strips, envelopes too small to mail, Calypso Coral squares, one more sheet of leafy die cut, white squares, glitter strips, flagged strips, ribbon, twine, and stamps! The ink spot was long since given away because I had the full size ink pad.
That means, today I altered all five cards from the original, found and trimmed my own card bases, and got all five done in just under an hour. And I'm calling the kit COMPLETE. Not too shabby!! 

1 comment:

  1. Good on you for making up one of the kits! I am absolutely terrible at that--I've only made up ONE kit of all of them, I've used a couple of pieces of a few others, and I have a big stack of them that I haven't even opened. A couple of years ago I grabbed probably two years' worth of kits, did the stamping, and sent the pieces to a friend so she could put them together and use the cards. I think I need to do that again!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...