Monday, February 1, 2016

Blog Hop: Step It Up!

Hello and welcome back! A new month means a new Blog Hop and we are ready for you!
I really wanted to feature this fun Sale-A-Bration stamp set, because it will only be around another two weeks!!! (yes really! The items on pages 16 and 19 are only available until Feb 15! Don't miss your chance to get them FREE!)

So I decided to design a card to stick in my son's lunch box! I started with the latest TGIF Challenge Remix, using the sketch and color combo. I chose to use the starry DP for the starry background, with the greeting in the bottom right corner. And I used the black and "gold" for the first card.
Then I stepped it up!
At my card class last Monday, one of the attendees altered THIS card by stamping the plane and cutting it out, but placing it the same, so that it hung off like mine, except you could see all of hers. Make sense? I liked the idea of cutting out the plane, and I added a mini brad and bits of ribbon, then popped the plane and greeting up on Dimensionals. That meant I had the full color combo of silver, black and gold! And the ribbon is totally not girly, and I really think my son will love it!
Supplies:
Stamps: Sky Is The Limit
Ink: Memento Black
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Black card stocks, Going Places DP
Accessories: 1/8 Silver Ribbon, Silver Mini Brads, Dimensionals

Here's a little close up of the embellishments...
And since I used Sale-A-Bration items I'll be linking up with the Nacho Average Challenge blog too! 

Now, carry on to Lynn's blog and see what she stepped up! Then hop on thru everybody's creations, and leave us your thoughts! We all love comments! 

(and yes, we're missing a few bloggers this time around...)

6 comments:

  1. super cute Tanya, funny that we featured the same stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I've never thought of fussy cutting stepping it up but it sure does! Great cards, great set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and a great stamp set! Thank-you for playing along with the TGIF Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you combined all the challenges! I have got to get back to hopping with y'all. Glad you played along at TGIF :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are great, but the stepped up one really looks awesome! Love the fussy cut plane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both versions are so totally cute! But, if pressed, I would say I am in love with those cute silver ribbon tails peeking out from behind the sentiment of the second card, lol. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing at Nacho Average Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...