Thursday, February 18, 2016

Boy Birthday

Today's card is one I think is really fun.

I love this stamp set, and I love to use it for little boy birthday cards. (and big boy too...mine is not so little anymore...) One of the things I'm doing with this card is showing different images to use, and different ways of coloring it.

So here's the sample, using the latest from the TGIF Challenge blog. And for this one, I used the robot image.
Supplies:
Stamps: Boys Will Be Boys
Ink: Memento Black, Tangelo Twist marker, Bermuda Bay marker, Cucumber Crush marker
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Tangelo Twist, Whisper White card stocks, Wildflower Fields DP (SAB)
Accessories: Bermuda Bay stitched ribbon

However, I'm going to allow the stampers to choose their own boyish image, to suit their needs. (there is also blocks, a yoyo and a parachute guy) I know legos are a huge favorite- which is why I still use it, haha! So I'm including a sample of three different ways to color the images.
- First the pen side of the marker, which is the same way I colored the above robot.
- Second, the marker end of the marker, and the bold colors are very fun for a little boy, but maybe too bold for some people's taste.
- Third, using the markers to color each lego separately, directly on the stamp, which is a great way to color just about anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...