Friday, February 12, 2016

Valentine's Prep!

I have created things, just not stampy things... until this morning, when I crammed all of my Valentine prep!
At our house, my husband and I put out very small Valentine gifts at everyone's spot at the table for them to wake up to. Its not really a big deal, but it is fun to see something special just for you!
~~~
I have one child still in elementary school, which means a class Valentine exchange. Tuesday I put the kids to work peeling wrappers off the broken crayons in our stash...and I chopped them all into smaller bits.
Then we stuffed this silicone heart mold full of crayon bits.
We learned to put them in standing up to get fuller hearts. We used THIS and THIS post via Pinterest to figure out how, but the gist is that I put the mold in the oven on 230* for 15 mins, let it cool on the counter about 7 minutes and then cool in the freezer about 10 mins. Then you pop them out and laugh at how different they look on the bottom than the top!
In between melting crayons, she wrote out her paper valentines to her classmates.

Thursday, she chose which crayon went to which person (just like her mother that way...) while I started hot gluing crayon hearts to the valentines.
 And once she had selected them all, she got to do the hot gluing!

Also Thursday when I was at the store I texted my husband- did he want me to pick up Valentine gifts for the kids?? Sometimes I get them, sometimes he gets them. As I browsed, I found reason after reason not to buy any of the things.....and then I remembered that my Paper Pumpkin kit -which I hadn't got to play with yet- was perfect for this!!!
So I picked up a few kinds of candy we like and this is how I spent my Friday morning!
The January Paper Pumpkin kit is these die cut paper hearts and banners, which can be embellished with stamps or sequins, and turned into either a conversation heart Valentine banner, or little gift pouches. I made them all different. It was so quick and easy!


Ready to go! 
And we'll set these out Saturday night, along with a card from my January class! How easy is that?!

If I did them all as treat pouches, there are still enough hearts to make 12 more! My Pinterest board also has idea for making them into cards! And I have ideas for scrapbooking and other fun ways to use the remaining embellishments and the stamps! I love Paper Pumpkin!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. Look at these wonderful Valentine's projects! Love the heart shaped crayon melts for the school exchange. Such a perfect idea. And the candy filled heart pockets are sure to be a big hit with your kids. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...