Monday, February 15, 2016

Birthday Cupcake!

Today is Feb 15 and that is the LAST day to order these fantastic Sale-A-Bration items! If you haven't gotten them and love them, place a $50 order RIGHT NOW!

~~~~~
This weekend, I finally managed to get some stamping done and that means I get to start showing off sneak peeks for my upcoming Birthday Card class!

If you follow my facebook page, you probably saw some social media "news" featuring the hashtag #imbringingbirthdaysback. If you missed it, check it out HERE. The point is that thanks to email, but mostly facebook, birthdays are simply celebrated with a typed one-liner. Lame. Don't you miss getting birthday cards in the mail?? I definitely, absolutely love cards in the mail, and I know my kids do. So, a girl who happens to work at Stampin' Up! decided, completely on her own, that she wants to mail birthday cards to anyone who wants one. And, ironically, haha, a new hashtag was born combating social media 'birthdays'. Makes me giggle. And I am a huge fan.
And I didn't even know this was a thing when I set up my card class theme! That's just a bonus!

So here's my first card for the class!
The card layout comes from the latest Freshly Made Sketch. The color combination came from the black strip of Washi Tape. The circle comes from tracing the containers our embellishments come in, and cutting it out, haha. The greeting strip is flagged with the Hexagon Punch.
Supplies:
Stamps: Sprinkles of Life
Ink: Mint Macaron, Cajun Craze
Paper: Hello Honey, Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Botanical Gardens Washi Tape, Hexagon Punch, Dimesionals

3 comments:

  1. What a great birthday card! I love the washi accents! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a a fab birthday card - you can't go wrong with a cupcake! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card, Tanya. Love the fun layout. And I love the #imbringingbirthdaysback story, too!! Couldn't agree more with the whole idea... but then I love making birthday cards! So there's that. lol

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...