Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mini Books for Mom....

I have been busy enjoying Fall Break with my kids the past several days, and not stamping at all. So now I'll share some of the scrapbooks I've made with/for my mom in recent months.

First, we *had* to re-do her wedding book. It used to be a simple album with slots for 5x7 wedding shots, framed with gold lines. Weeellll, lest you think my love of photos/scrapbooks is a new thing, I looked thru her wedding book so many times as a child that it was literally falling apart, thanks to me. The pages were no longer held by the binding, some of the vinyl covers were torn...it was in bad shape. She ordered an 8x8 album from one of our Mini Catalogs and we finally managed to put some pages together for her! Best of all, we went thru her whole stack of proofs and added in a number of smaller prints than the original 5x7's she'd used in her album!

This first page shows some of the little stamping we did... First we stamped this branch colored with markers, hanging off the page. (my mom's wedding colors were pastel pink, blue, purple, green, yellow and peach). Then we stamped it in Versamark, nearly right over the first time, and embossed it with Iridescent Ice powder to make it all sparkly. That's why it looks a little blurred, but its so pretty irl. (the photos are of my cute parents with my dad's brother- the best man)

See the bouquets in this picture? My mom kept them! We trimmed off some of the actual ribbon from the girls' bouquets and used it on the page below!
This page shows the ribbons, (which coordinated with the retired subtles brads!) and photos of my parents with their parents!
Isn't that fun?! I think so. We used a variety of embellishments and accessories throughout the book, all coordinating with my mom's colors.

The second book we made was an ABC book my mom has been hoping to make for years. In fact, the first time we went thru and planned a photo for each letter, my niece was going to be N- for New Baby...and she now has two younger siblings and another on the way! It was about time we got the book done!!
Since most of the pages are people's first names (for example, I am T for Tanya) I'm only sharing these two pages, but it gives you a good idea of what we did....

"D is for Darling grandchildren!"
 "Y is for Yellowstone!" (where we have gone at least 8 times as a family)
This book was a 6x6 album, and the page bases all come from the hostess 6x6 packs of DP that have been offered in recent years. We chose a photo to nicely represent the person or thing, then stamped the word in the coordinating ink. We have collected several alphabet sets over the years so I sort of randomized the sets for each "title".

Isn't it fun to think of the potential ideas for a small scrapbook? You can do a whole event or trip, or something like an alphabet book for a theme. Scrapbooking is truly a limitless way to preserve your memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...