Friday, October 7, 2011

'Tis the Season...!

Nooo, not that season, a season to play with new toys to make fun Halloween projects! I got a fun box this week and last night I finally got a chance to use what was in it.
Today's sample uses two new stamp sets and an embossing folder!
Aren't mom's great?? My mom places orders, lets them come to my house and lets me play with her new toys before she even gets to see her things! When this spider web embossing folder came out in last years holiday mini catalog she wondered how she could use it without the Big Shot. Very recently, Splitcoaststampers.com showed me exactly how we could use it without purchasing the machine. Of course my mom ordered it immediately! If you follow that link you will see this awesome idea and fun new (to me at least!) technique! I don't have a brayer (my mom does...and its at her house) so instead I used an easy direct to paper technique, where I simply laid the ink pad down on the card stock and scrubbed back and forth until the color was as even as I liked. Then you just buff it with a tissue and voila! So striking and fun!
And then you see I got the bingo board background stamp, and filled this section with a variety of Halloween bits in all kinds of colors! I have a lot of plans for those two stamp sets, so just get comfy! haha!
Supplies:
Stamps: Bingo Board, Spooky Bingo Bits, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizazz, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Gray, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, Wild Wasabi, Wisteria Wonder, More Mustard
Paper: Always Artichoke & Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Black Grosgrain Ribbon

Are you ready for this season? We'll be decorating the house tomorrow, and then figuring out how to make my son the costume he very much wants....tricky, tricky!

2 comments:

  1. Very fun card, and how lucky you are that your mom lets you play with her stuff! Love the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, Tanya. I love that set... Your mom is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...