Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Stamp Set Class: Countryside

Today I'm sharing the projects from my second stamp set class. This month we chose to focus on Countryside, a set I have been interested in for a long while. Its perfect for coloring (if you need the Regals, Subtles or Neutrals Watercolor Wonder Crayons, hurry!!) and I love the old fashioned images. They strike me as so calm and peaceful, which is rather funny because any work involving wheelbarrows, chickens, harvesting fruit and a hand pump is not calm and easy, haha, its hard work!

First up, this quick and simple card has a muted 4th of July feel to it and I felt it made a great Father's Day card, so I went ahead and threw the greeting on, haha. My card is stamped with Basic Gray ink, but it would look much cooler heat embossed in black, so that's what we did for the class.
Supplies:
Stamps: Countryside, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Versamark, Black Embossing Powder (Basic Gray ink)
Paper: Riding Hood Red, River Rock, Not Quite Navy (all soon retiring!)
Accessories: Natural Ribbon, Vintage Trinkets, Heat Tool

This card uses a recent Freshly Made Sketch. Again, I'm keeping the cards in these classes very simple so that attendee's can recreate them no matter what supplies they have at home. I added the Lucky Limeade square on the top because it was looking too plain, even with the faux stitching.
Supplies:
Stamps: Countryside
Ink: Basic Gray, Chocolate Chip marker
Paper: Riding Hood Red, More Mustard, Lucky Limeade & Very Vanilla card stocks
Accessories: Designer Label Punch, Mat Pack, Regals Brads, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Blender Pens

and this card is probably my favorite. It uses the current Retro Sketch.
Supplies:
Stamps: Countryside, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Basic Gray
Paper: Certainly Celery (soon retiring!), Very Vanilla card stocks, Parker's Patterns DP
Accessories: Linen Thread, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Blender Pens

Again, I'm featuring soon-to-retire colors. Shall we chat about that? *grin I'll be honest, I am not happy that they're taking Baja Breeze or More Mustard. Those are two of my very favorite shades! However. We all go thru color "phases", and we move on to something else. For example, last month I used Certainly Celery and thought to myself that I used to turn to that shade for most projects...and its been quite a while since that was the "right" shade. Shortly after that thought they announced it's retiring! huh....like they read my mind... haha! And then there are the colors I do NOT love and truly struggle to use when I purchase the assortments, like River Rock. That one is fine to say goodbye to, haha. Anyway, how do you feel about these colors retiring, and returning?

1 comment:

  1. Three great cards for your class. Really love the first one with the natural ribbon and pin.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...