Friday, April 19, 2013

34 Years of Love!

Sooo my brain works in two ways:
1. Look at a calendar. Think "oh, this person and this person have this event coming up. I should make cards." make cards. forget to send. Look at calendar and think "Oh man!! That was today?!". Send out card late.
2. Forget about event completely til I look at today's date. Panic that "TODAY is ____ !!!" throw together card, mail late.

Yep. that pretty much covers it, 90% of the time. sigh. Today was scenario #1, but I caught it by a day. With any luck, I got it to the PO drop box in time, haha!

Tomorrow is my parents 34th wedding anniversary!
I thought it was a perfect time to use this sweet stamp set I won on Cathee's blog a month or two ago, and haven't had a chance yet to put to ink! I also found that my ideas fit the current Freshly Made Sketch just about perfectly, so I adjusted the pieces til it did! Hooray! I colored the little butterfly with the Watercolor Wonder Crayons, but did not blend it, just left it softly colored. And!!! I sent it on its way!!!
(I apologize for the lousy lighting...its very overcast today and when I tried to edit it, it made the colors all weird- and it HAD to get in the mail!!!)
Supplies:
Stamps: Affection Collection (retired)
Ink: Baja Breeze, Midnight Muse, Versamark
Paper: Baja Breeze card stock, First Edition & Patio Party DP
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Watercolor Wonder Crayons.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Perfect for an anniversary card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card!:) ...and I totally do that too, mean to get a card done and then somehow loose track;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Tanya! I do love that stamp! I so love newsprint paper! Fun colours! Congrats to your parents on 34 years of marriage! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...