Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Shoebox Swap!

Today my upline had a quarterly meeting, and I finally got to attend. This time it was a shoebox swap and I was super excited because it was a huge help in filling my display board with the new catalog! After the retired lists struck, it was looking awfully dismal... haha!

A shoebox swap means that everyone designs a card and brings enough supplies for everyone else to make it. The supplies box stays put and people move around putting together each card. There were 18 cards there and they're all so fun and pretty! Today I'll show you my card, and I might share the other cards in the coming days too...but first I need to know who designed which card!!

I stewed about this a lot. A silly lot! I tell my friends "stamping is fun, not stressful" all the time, and most of the time it is, but since this was for other demonstrators I wanted it to be impressive, haha. You'd think that after 9 years of doing this I'd be confident in my skills, but maybe not.

Anyway!! Here is what I put together:
Supplies:
Stamps: Creative Elements
Ink: Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake
Paper: Epic Day DP, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, Pool Party & Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Very Vintage Buttons, White Bakers Twine, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

I showed both sides of the DP, so people could choose, and both possible word choices. There were plenty of comments that people liked it so I was happy about that, hahaha....

I had a lot of fun today! You know you could join my team and attend these fun meetings along with me...its a great chance to learn a lot from other people's experience, and to spend time with people who GET your hobby. *grin. Until May 30th, you can get a free $30 extra towards your Starter Kit! What are you waiting for??

2 comments:

  1. thanks for designing this card for our swap! I really enjoyed it. The colors are just fantastic, and I love the textures too! This was one of my favorites from the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the colors and textures of your card. It really was one of my favorites and it was so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...