Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Blog Hop: May Day!

Welcome to our Blog Hop!! This month's theme is May Day projects, because, after all, today is May Day! Be sure and hop all the way through and see everyone's fabulous May Day creations!

I think flowers are what comes to mind for me when I think of May. I didn't find a sketch that worked for the flower stamps I have, but when I found THIS sketch I thought this fun, flowery DP would work nicely. And since I need a birthday card very soon, that's the greeting I chose!
Supplies:
Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Midnight Muse
Paper: Patio Party DP, Baja Breeze & Midnight Muse card stock
Accessories: Bitty Buttons, 1 3/8 inch square punch, Glue Dots


Next, I had the idea for this page and thought it suited a May Day theme well, so I saved it to share with you today! The sunshine is finally here (hopefully to stay!) and the flowers are blooming! I stamped the "raining flowers" in Tempting Turquoise onto the Tempting Turquoise card stock for a bit of happy fun. I traced a buttons container to make the Daffodil Delight sun and sponged it a bit with Daffodil Delight ink. Then I dragged the Daffodil Delight 1/8 inch taffeta ribbon across the page as sunburst lines. Finally I added the sweet Paper Daisies and the Brights Buttons!
This page is my daughter's spring picture, just like THIS one of my son. My daughter got two pictures because she forgot to take off her jacket and asked for a quick retake, haha!
Supplies:
Stamps: Million Dollar Moments
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight
Paper: Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight card stocks
Accessories: Daffodil Taffeta Ribbon, Paper Daisies, Brights Buttons, Glue Dots
(everything marked in italics are all retiring at the end of May, or while supplies last! Grab them fast!)

Now go see what everyone else has created for May Day!

8 comments:

  1. I've never seen a sun done like that with the ribbon. I absolutely love it! I'm definitely going to scraplift that idea. Those pics are precios and I love how she snuck in the retake. What a cute story. Your card is very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you used the ribbon for the sun rays! Very cute page and card! Darling daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great projects! That scrapbook page is just fantastic. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun layout and great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card! I love how you combined the designer series paper. Fun page too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is fun and pretty....but really love your idea for your daughter's page...love the sun and the rays!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...