Monday, May 13, 2013

Stamp Set Class: Lovely As A Tree

Happy Monday to you! Today we're supposed to be WAY above normal temps and it should feel like summer! I suppose that's not all bad, right? *grin

Last Friday was my May Stamp Set Class, and obviously from the title, I featured Lovely As A Tree. This stamp set was one of the first my mom bought from Stampin' Up! and she didn't even get it from me! haha! And! its going to be in the new catalog again, haha! I have plenty of samples here on my blog using this set HERE, but since it is neither autumn nor winter, I tried some new ideas with the set! Yeay for changing things up!
And again, with this style of class I'm sticking to the basics and working my way up to more tools and supplies, so that even a novice stamper can find ways to use their stamp set with what they have! We did make a retiring-supplies card, but two of them can go on my display board!

This card uses the sponging technique to make a springtime scene.
Supplies:
Stamps: Lovely As A Tree
Ink: Early Espresso, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery & Whisper White card stocks
Accessories: Stamping Sponges

This card uses the 'thumping' technique, which is just tapping different green markers all over the leafy area for a summery tree.
Supplies:
Stamps: Lovely As A Tree
Ink: Pear Pizazz, Gumball Green, Always Artichoke, Soft Suede markers
Paper: Pear Pizazz, Always Artichoke, Whisper White card stock
Accessories: Natural Ribbon

And this final card uses two accessories and the Big Shot! It uses the exact same layout I have for Christmas cards, but with the brown in place of red it makes a good thank you or masculine card.
Supplies:
Stamps: Lovely As A Tree
Ink: Old Olive
Paper: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip & Whisper White card stock
Accessories: Linen Thread, Natural Buttons, Big Shot, Woodgrain Embossing Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...