Monday, March 31, 2014

Bright & Busy!

I got to stamp!!! It feels like its been forever! That cold completely wiped me out for the week- I had no desire to do anything, blah! SO glad to be moving on from that....! And yes, Sunday afternoon was windy and rainy and perfect for stamping! Yeay!

One of the cards I made was for a family member who is about to embark on a new chapter of her life. I used the latest Viva La Verve sketch for the card. It ended up busier than I usually create, but it looked too plain without the stars...and its done and she'll appreciate it, even if it isn't my favorite ever, haha!
Supplies:
Stamps: Perfect Pennants
Ink: Basic Gray, Calypso Coral
Paper: Pool Party, Calypso Coral & Basic Gray card stocks, I Am Me DP
Accessories: White Stitched Grosgrain ribbon, Big Shot, On Film Framelits, Dimensionals

Tips:
- Use wax paper between the die and cardstock to get the little bits out of the filmstrip die! Enlist the help of your son to poke the holes out of the cardstock and the die with a toothpick. *wink
- Use scraps for small pieces on the card. The greeting piece doesn't quite fit the gray "mat" piece and I like it off set like that sometimes!

And be sure and come back tomorrow for our monthly blog hop! :)

3 comments:

  1. I like it! With the stars, especially!
    So sorry you've been sick, hope you get lots of stamping in now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute design! thanks for playing along at VLV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! Just love that filmstrip die cut! Thanks for playing along with VLV!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...