Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Music Class!

Happy Wednesday! I was on a roll yesterday! I made that card and mailed it, and thought of a few more people who needed some happy mail! Here's the stack I sent, haha!
Then, after dinner I had some time to put this page together!! Yeay! I was hoping to get lots of MDS pages printed off before Stampin' Up! is done with MDS...I'm not making nearly as much progress as I would like, but I'll take what I can get!
I used the MDS Monday sketch for this layout, and some rather busy DP. I like the DP, I liked it as actual paper too. But it's a lot.... I used the banners-in-the-sky paper for the background, then the rectangles are filled with the hot air balloon print, and the stars. Then I added a rectangle punch of white card stock over the strip, and changed its opacity to 45% to make it look like vellum, and soften the busy-ness of the paper. Such a handy thing to do! Anyway, the challenge was called Cute & Done and that was exactly what I needed and! exactly what I did!
The photos are from this past week. My daughter has been participating in the Let's Play Music program, so the first picture her teacher took of their last day of class, and then I took the picture of my daughter and her teacher after the recital.
...one of these days I'm really going to have to scrap older events....!
Supplies:
MDS: Big Top Birthday DP, Square Punch
Font: Janda Stylish Script, Book Antiqua

What is retiring from today's project?

  • MDS. It's all going away! 

7 comments:

  1. Tanya, love your page this week! The colorful background paper looks so pretty with your photos and I love your idea of toning down the strip of DSP with "vellum." Awesome! Thanks for joining us this week at MDS Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya - so fun!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this DSP, it makes me happy....great idea on the "vellum"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your daughter! Absolutely LOVE the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun page, Tanya! Great idea to change the opacity on the DSP! Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the kit you used, such a fun page! thanks for joining us at MDS Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I really love to soften a background with opacity as well (sniff!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute layout Tanya! Love the photos! Thanks for playing along at MDS Monday! Come back for my sketch tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...