Friday, December 15, 2017

Mixing Old and New!

I have a customer who loves hand-stamped cards, but does not enjoy making them. That means I make them for her, haha...! That also means that she is happy to use retired product, and since I have plenty of that, I am also happy to use it up! And I like the chance to dust off old sets I loved!

I prepped seven card designs for her this Christmas, and you get to enjoy them now! (two I won't be sharing, they were designs from previous years that she had not used) Each of these might possibly use both current and retired products...I'll make a note.

This blue card was designed first and she asked for a different color combo instead. So here's the two of them together! The star and the words and the card stock are current, haha, the DP and the nativity image are retired. Which one is your favorite?
Supplies for the blue:
Stamps: Star of Light (words & star), Joyful Nativity (retired)
Ink: Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon (retired), Smoky Slate
Paper: Soft Sky & Whisper White card stocks, All Is Calm DP (retired)

Supplies for the brown:
Stamps: Star of Light (words & star), Joyful Nativity (retired)
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red, Early Espresso
Paper: Season of Style DP (retired)

This is a retake on a card I designed last year, but I like this gold-ish paper with it, so I'm sharing it anyway. It is a simple card but I think it has a big impact.
Supplies:
Stamps: Joyful Nativity (retired)
Ink: Real Red, Memento Black
Paper: Whisper White & Real Red card stocks, Season of Cheer DP (retired)
Accessories: Gold Bakers Twine (retired)

I've hardly got to touch my Paper Pumpkin kits lately, but these words come from the October kit, if you got one. If not, they were entirely sold out...
Supplies:
Stamps: October 2017 Paper Pumpkin (greeting- sold out), Winter Memories (retired)
Ink: Mossy Meadow, Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Soft Sky & Mossy Meadow (retired) card stocks
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon (retired)

I feel like I used a sketch for this, but I'm not sure where from... I used all my usual sketch blogs, even those that are no longer up and running, and I browsed pinterest to death sooo...if this sketch is yours, I appreciated the inspiration!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Christmas Magic (retired)
Ink: Real Red
Paper: Whisper White card stock, Holidays Fancy Foil Vellum DP (retired)
Accessories: Emerald Envy ribbon (retired)

This is a retake on another card I made last year. I really was bummed that I didn't get to use those designs- can you tell?? This is just time consuming because the wreath is two die cuts layered, so however many cards you want to make, you have to run it thru the Big Shot twice. And the cute bow is retired...
Supplies:
Stamps: Star of Light
Ink: Real Red
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Garden Green card stocks
Accessories: Swirly Scribbles Dies, Festive Fireside Framelits (bow- retired), Garden Green Bakers Twine (retired)

And there you have it! Five (or six) cards to inspire you for your own last-week-before-Christmas creating! Which one is your favorite? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...