Saturday, October 6, 2018

World Card Making Day 2

Here is a second card to inspire you today- using the same stamp set as before but going for a rather different look. Earlier I have a crisp card, now I have a distressed, comfy card. In the last 6 weeks, we've suddenly lost my cousin, and a dear friend. This card will be going to one of the family members. I thought a cozy look would be a good thing to receive in the mail and I hope I'm right. Also, again, I love this font.

I took a great deal of inspiration from THIS beautiful card to make mine. I inked up my fabulous new Buffalo Check background stamp with Night of Navy and flipped it rubber side up. I used a panel of Gray Granite card stock, laid on the stamp, and rubbed my fingers across it to get it fully inked. Then I stuck the corner in the palm of my hand and rubbed the paper back and forth til it was nicely "roughed up". I did the same to the corners of the vanilla piece too. I think it works great with the background stamp, and again, I hope it's a little like a hug in the mail.
Supplies:
Stamps: Wishing You Well, Buffalo Check
Ink: Night of Navy, Gray Granite
Paper: Night of Navy, Gray Granite & Very Vanilla card stocks
Accessories: Linen Thread

Have you mailed any cards lately? I actually need to get about five cards in the mail right about now, but this is a good start...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...