Sunday, September 1, 2019

We Create Metallics Blog Hop

September is here! YES the year is flying by, but September is my favorite- autumn is coming (we even had a very cool morning last week!) and it's my wedding anniversary! And since it's the 1st, we have a fun blog hop to get you going! This time we're playing with metallic supplies!

For my projects, I wanted to play with a new stamp set. This is from the new Holiday Mini catalog, which will be available on Wednesday! This particular set is a fundraiser set! $3 of every sale will go to local mental health organizations! I gotta say, I absolutely love that! Also, I used the latest sketch from Freshly Made Sketches for both cards.

The first metallic I picked was copper. This fox just had to go with some copper! In this case, that meant Copper Foil Paper and Copper Trim.
And here's a picture that captures the shiny metallic a little better.
Supplies:
Stamps: Nature's Beauty, Well Said
Ink: Stazon Black, Cajun Craze
Paper: Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla card stocks, Copper Foil paper
Accessories: Copper Trim, Blender Pen, Glue Dots

Next I played with some silver tones.
And again, this time it shows up better...
Supplies:
Stamps: Nature's Beauty, Well Said
Ink: Stazon Black, Smoky Slate
Paper: Whisper White & Smoky Slate card stocks
Accessories: Metallic Pearls, Wink of Stella, Blender Pens, Dimensionals

I colored both animals with ink pads and a Blender Pen. But the Watercolor Pencils and the Stampin' Blends will also be great! I also liked that I could easily show two distinct seasons with one stamp set! I think I'm going to love using this sweet nature set!

Anyway, hop on over to Cheryl's blog to see what she made. Then hop on through to everyone else and let us know what you think! Everyone loves feedback!

5 comments:

  1. I love those woodland animals. You placed them well with your wooded backgrounds. Great Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the difference in the two cards! The copper is just right with the fox and the silver with the bunny. Wonderfully elegant! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your color combos with your metallics - very pretty cards, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Tanya. Super excited to see the new holiday mini catalog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are so sweet! I am a bit of a nature lover so am totally drawn to these soft scenes. Beautifully done with just the right touch of metallic shine. Thanks for celebrating with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...