Monday, December 2, 2019

December Daily 2016!

This is a project I completed in September, but thought I'd save it til now to share with you.

A December Daily album is pretty much exactly how it sounds. I've seen people create the entire album before December begins, leaving a spot or two for a picture a day and glue the pics in at the end. I've seen it made each day, creating a page to go with the events of that day. And my method, haha, is to put it together after the month is done (or way, WAY after the month has passed...)  I've done a digital book in 2009 with this concept, a 12x12 Project Life/pocket page album in 2015 and now today's project. Christmas pictures are kind of overwhelming to me..!

In 2016 I bought this little album, and the Project Life cards & accessories Stampin' Up! had for sale that year, hoping for a quick way to get my baby's first Christmas easily scrapped. Well, it only took a day to get the book done, but it took me until September of 2019...!

This book is about 6x8. I've got 30 pages in it spanning from Dec 1-31. Fortunately I had this plan when the month began, so as I took pictures I put them in their own file (on the computer) by date, so I didn't have to figure that out when I assembled everything. I take a lot of pictures, in case you weren't aware, so every few pages I'd stick in a journaling piece that covered up to that page.

This is my title page...
Supplies:
Ink: Real Red marker
Paper: Whisper White Card stock
Accessories: Hello December 2016 Project Life Card Collection & Accessory Pack 

And the back side...
 Then you can see those journaling pieces that explain the photos up to that point.

The bottom pic on this first page is blurry, but that's okay- it shows my kids watching a Christmas movie with popcorn, which was our fun activity for the day!


And even with 30 pages, there are a TON of left over tidbits for more pocket pages another year, or for traditional pages whenever. Or even for some quick Christmas cards! Can't beat that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...