Thursday, June 17, 2021

Morp 2021

Today I have a brand new digi layout!
This was for a challenge to base a page on the song "Friday I'm In Love" by The Cure. When I read the challenge, I was totally stumped and then I focused on these lines,

Dressed up to the eyes
It's a wonderful surprise
To see your shoes and your spirits rise
Throw out your frown
And just smile at the sound
Sleek as a shriek, spinning 'round and 'round


along with the fact that this event was on a Friday, hahaha, and came up with this page:  


Morp is Prom backwards. It's a girls-choice school dance and totally casual. I feel like I should mention- in spite of the song title, these kids aren't in love. Three of the four girls asked friends, hahaha.
I used the long-retired MDS (My Digital Studio) to make this layout. I totally copied the poodle skirt my daughter wore to this dance, for the pages. (I made that skirt too, and I am sooo not a seamstress!)
I think the page works with the lyrics because they all dressed up, there were tons of the happiest smiles and they had fun spinning for the pictures, haha! Also the round records! 

And here are some close ups for you. I left off sooo many possible photos. I do love when my kids ask me to take the dance pics! 

What are you making this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...