Saturday, February 9, 2013

Liebster Blog

We interrupt this regularly scheduled crafting to get a little personal. *grin.
Jill nominated me for this little game and I agree with her- I rather like talking about myself from time to time, haha, so sure! I'll play along too! {This took me about three weeks to complete! *sad! Turns out I don't like talking about myself in a public forum quite as much as I thought, haha!}
In order to do so, I am supposed to
  • Post 11 random things about myself.
  • Answer Jill's questions for me
  • Come up with 11 questions I would like people to answer
  • Nominate 11 more people to play along!
This one is the hard part: random facts about myself...

1. I do not like the phone. I will always email or facebook or instant message to contact a person before surrendering to calling them on the phone.
2. I make up new lyrics to songs as a way to tell my kids what they need to do. ie: Jingle Bells: "Brush your teeth! brush your teeth! brush your teeth right now! Then you need to comb your hair so you can go to school!"
3. I could read when I was 3. I cannot remember learning how to read.
4. I don't mind laundry but I seriously loathe washing dishes by hand. I will avoid making certain meals if I know it means I have to use something that can't go in the dishwasher.
5. I love carbonation. I love Pepsi and Dr Pepper but it isn't the caffeine I crave, just the carbonation. Sprite or grape works too, lol. Can you be addicted to bubbles?
6. I love to go for walks. Mosey-ing nature walks, hikes, fast exercise walks, whatever. I enjoy the non-strenuous activity and it just makes me feel better!
7. I like DIY projects in my head. I want to do them until I realize how much needs done. then they just sit...I am hoping to change that in coming months, because I have a LOT of projects I'd like to accomplish!
8. I like to cut my hair off because I love putting my hair in a pony tail. I never keep up on hair cuts/styles because I hate spending the money on myself (unless its for my business-lol) but if my hair is long enough its in a pony tail before dinner is served- almost invariably!
9. I remember the weirdest things. I remember conversations for years, birthdays waaay past knowing a person (classmates from elem school?!), and all sorts of little odds and ends details. But if its something I need to do, I have to write it down immediately or I forget..
10. I love to have my toenails polished, but I cannot stand that extra coating on my fingernails. Right now my toes are all different colors because my daughter did them for me one evening when she needed a distraction. I'm going to paint them soon with a new shade of red I bought for Valentines!
11. I am a night person. I used to regularly stay up til 2am. And I love sleeping in late. I was blessed with two morning people for children...not to mention the rest of the world starts in the morning, so now I go to bed early: about 11pm.

 Jill's questions for me:
 
1. What is your favorite breakfast cereal? Reece's Puffs. Yep, really.

2. Do you like camping? Why or why not? This is a totally complicated question, haha. For me, camping involves a tent and a firepit. And if that's the case the answer is - I think so. I have never gone as the grown up, except one little overnighter in a tent last summer, when all I had to do was help set up and take down a tent. I have camped with my kids and my parents in their camp trailer, but having a fridge, freezer, stove, oven and shower is not the same to me. That makes it too easy, haha...which may change my opinion if I ever go camping with children the way I think people should camp. confused yet?

3. If you had a super power, what would it be? To clean house while I slept.

4. What music motivates you, gets you going or cheers you up? My first thought to this was "the stuff on the radio" which doesn't answer your question and its not completely true either. Lately I'm digging Train, Neon Trees and One Republic for "getting going" and "cheering up".

5. Do you have any nicknames past or present? Please share. Just baby names. I called myself Nana (naw-naw) when I was little and my dad still calls me that. My sister called me Chawna and sometimes my dad calls me that. *grin

6. What was the last movie you saw? What did you think of it? In a theater? The Hobbit. It was my first 3-D movie ever and shockingly did not give me a headache! I don't like "scary" (read: intense, violent, creatures, etc) movies so I closed my eyes when I knew things were getting to be too much, haha, but I thought it was a well-done adventure movie. And I would like to read the book...!

7. Would you rather live in the city or in the country? Where I live may very well be classified as country. I do not want to live in an actual city, but I need people nearby so lets just say the suburbs.
its a blurry shot but its about 3 blocks from my home, capturing the fall colors

8. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go? The British Isles have always interested me, except I don't like flying...and the idea of traveling across water (boat) is even worse.  
9. Do you have a favorite book? What is it? I have thought a lot about this and I don't know the answer. I was constantly reading books as a kid, and really up until I became a mother. I get too sucked into books and forget about things like mealtime...do people need to eat? Now that my kids are older I keep thinking I need to read again, but there's so much else I need to do that I just don't read. but I have a biiiig stack of books next to my bed that I would LIKE to read, I've even asked for books for Christmas in recent years...only to sit and collect dust. ...do I love that the dust shows up in the picture??

10. What is your favorite word? Least favorite? I should have an answer to this question because its something my kids comment on a lot. I like words that sound like what they are- musical, twinkle, sparkle, wonky, magical, ...I like words with the hard K sound? haha! Dislike: "can't". I use it, but I don't like it.

11. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Pretty sure we'll go with introvert. I can be an extrovert if I'm with people I'm comfortable with. Very shy introvert if I'm not.

My questions:
1. What's for dinner at your house tonight?
2. What talent or skill do you wish you had?
3. What is your favorite way to travel? Where to?
4. What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you anything close to that?
5. What started your passion for your favorite craft?
6. What is your favorite movie?
7. What technology do you use even tho you hate it?
8. If you had a weekend completely free to spend exactly how you like, what would you do?
9. What is your favorite holiday, and favorite memory of that holiday?
10. What kind of blogs do you enjoy?
11. Why do you visit this blog?

annnd my nominees for blogs I really enjoy are....


(this part was hard too...I can't tag-back Jill, 97% of my irl-family/friend blogs are private, the mommy type blogs I check daily are super extremely popular, and a lot of my fav stamping bloggers haven't blogged in a long time...miss you peoples! So the last few are new-to-me, but I definitely enjoy them! And if you weren't tagged, feel free to play along anyway!! I'd love to see anyone's answers!)

1 comment:

  1. I've completed your request and posted my answers on my blog tonight.

    I also wanted to say I enjoyed looking at your valentine creations:)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...