Monday, February 25, 2013

Busy Busy!

Ugh! I was so busy this past week I did not create one single thing! Unless you count this fun collage I meant to post of our Valentines Day, haha....

I did however get many things accomplished last week, soooo I suppose I'll take it. I am still plugging away at my goal of mailing off cards and letters this month, and have a long list of catch-up weekly scrapbook pages to do. In the meantime, I thought I'd add a follow up that Sherri tagged me back on the Liebster Blog award. Here are my answers to her questions...

1. How would you describe your creative style? Quick and simple. I don't spend a lot of time fussing over details and I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it. I'm not a perfectionist, if you hadn't noticed....
2. What inspires you? All sorts of things. Music, nature, my kids, color, my faith...
3. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
New England or the British Isles.
4. Do you like to cook...and if you do, what is one of your favourite recipes to make? I don't like to cook, I don't think I'm very good at it. I cook because we need to eat. I am spoiled rotten in that my husband loves to cook and is more than happy to do so any day of the week. I have a recipe blog tho, listed on my sidebar, and I like to make treats. a lot.
5. If you use pinterest, how do you find new pins? (ex. pin directly from the internet, repin from those you follow, specific searches, review popular posts, etc)
I don't use Pinterest a lot, but I am on there. Mostly I see things that people have pinned and I check it out, but I don't repin very much, I tend to bookmark something if I really love it. I do search for things when I need an idea, like a Halloween costume or something.
6. What is your favourite decadent indulgence (food/beverage related)? cheesecake!! Any kind!
7. What is your favourite way to pamper yourself or a friend? Hmm. I guess for myself painting my toenails, eating bad food and craft time... I really don't know?
8. Do you journal? If so, what is your method/frequency/what inspires you to write?
I started keeping a diary/journal when I was about 8 and did so til my early 20's. I quit writing in my journal a few years ago tho, and blog a lot instead. In addition to this blog, I have a private family blog where I record almost everything going on in our house. But then I have a separate private blog that started out as a healthy living {weight loss} record, where I keep things I don't want anyone to read at this time, such as my struggles. So that works as a journal as well.
9. Where would you like to retire?/What would you like to do in retirement? I don't know where, but with my husband, and probably near our children. I would like to travel the country and serve a mission with my husband.
10. Who is someone you admire and why? Well here's a long list...! I admire my closest friends, which is why they're my friends. I admire my husband, my in laws, and several other family members. I think for this I'll focus on my parents. I admire my father for his testimony, his hard-working attitude and his love for his family. I admire my mother for her dedication to her family and her responsibilities. My parents are very generous and willing to give of themselves to just about anybody. This is a trait I need to work on in myself.
11. Do you have any unusual/off-the-beaten path blogs/websites that you visit? Could you share one or two and what you like about them. The three blogs I check every week day are Meg's, Sarah's and Shawni's, but they all have tons of followers and are not off the beaten path. Just not stamp related, haha! I love these blogs for their lessons in parenting, their photography skills and their story-telling.

Who else is going to play along with the Liebster Blog award? *grin
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...