Friday, December 1, 2017

Blog Hop: Stepped Up Snowflakes!

Annnd now it's December!! Another year almost in the books...!
I don't know about your neighborhood, but it's 50* and grassy out there, and doesn't look anything like December! Inside however, Our tree is up, (even if it is naked the whole bottom third...baby proofing) and we have a few shelves with decorations too. I keep a pot of holiday smelly stuff (apple cores/peel, orange peel, cinnamon stick and a few whole cloves) simmering on the stove most days and Christmas music has been on since last Friday! Sooo, okay, it can be December.

And since it is the 1st, we have another Blog Hop ready, just for you!
I completely ran of out time and threw this together yesterday afternoon. I found a cute sketch, ran downstairs to gather supplies, whipped them both up and managed to get photos before the sun was down! but...I did forget a bit of the sketch... That's okay- two more cards for my stash, and best of all, I really like them!

My first card was kept really quite simple. You don't need many supplies to make this one. I used the latest Clean & Simple sketch, minus the scallop on the top of the top panel. The snowflakes are all in Dapper Denim ink, I just stamped them off once and then twice to get the lighter shades. I wanted to make this one more Christmas-y so I used a word from a different stamp set, and I think a calm snowy scene is extremely peaceful, especially if you're not driving in it...!
Supplies:
Stamps: Musical Season, Colorful Seasons
Ink: Dapper Denim
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Dapper Denim card stocks
Accessories: White Bakers Twine 

For my stepped up version, I used the Silver Glimmer paper for the bottom panel, and thin silver ribbon instead of the Baker's Twine.
Supplies:
Stamps: Musical Season, Colorful Seasons
Ink: Dapper Denim
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Dapper Denim card stocks, Silver Glimmer DP
Accessories: thin Silver Ribbon, Dimensionals

And here's a side by side comparison for you!
Do you have a favorite? I'm not sure I do! But I definitely like this snowflake card better than my last one... haha!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by! Hop on over to Cheryl and then on to everyone else. Be sure and let us know what you think- we all love comments!


6 comments:

  1. Simply adorable! Love both - but, of course the stepped up one is my favorite! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! Love the stepped up card because of the glimmer paper and the silver ribbon! Pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at snowflakes...and then the blue...and then the SILVER! Might need to CASE this ;-) Thanks for sharing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tanya, just love both cards, but of course the shimmer/glimmer card just grabs me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOH I love sparkly things. Snowflakes should be sparkly. Love the simplicity and feeling the blue combination gives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both great! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...