Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year- New Goals!

What do you like to make resolutions for? Are you a "word" person? I love lists and therefore I love setting a list of goals for each coming year. I have family goals, spiritual goals, health goals, business goals, craft goals, and goals to organize my time better. haha! They all kinda work hand in hand and are really just lists of baby steps to gradually change this or that about myself. One such goal is my yearly scrapbooking goal! Honestly I didn't even think of such a thing until I found the group on Splitcoaststampers.com, but since then I've been setting monthly goals and tracking my scrapbooking progress. I've said it before: scrapbooking is my first paper-crafting passion and it is one that is important to me. It keeps my memories written down and my photos organized and completes the story the photos begin. My kids love looking thru scrapbooks, my daughter had my childhood scrapbook out just the other night! Unfortunately, scrapbooking is one of the things that has been put on the back burner this year. I've had to put other things first, and that's ok... but I really hope to do more scrapping this coming year!

Last January I set a goal to complete 150 pages. I got 53 done. Which is not too bad- that's just over a page a week! So for 2013, I'm going to shoot for 75 pages. Its plenty more than this year, its less than other years, and as I love to believe: its 75 more pages done! And I never have a lack of events to scrapbook, hahaha, so that will not be a problem. I bet I have enough photos sitting in boxes right this minute to far surpass my goal. But I will be so darn happy if I get all 75 done by next New Years Eve.

And for a kick-start, I got this page done for a calendar project my mom asked me to do! (I promise it doesn't look QUITE that wonky on the printed result, LOL. It will work out nicely.)

As a side note, I'm going to start tracking how many cards I make too. I know my cards aren't as layered and detailed as other people's, but I still spend time on them and am curious to see how many I make. What kind of goals are you setting?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...